CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) is a popular certification offered by (ISC)2 (International Information System Security Certification Consortium), a non-profit international organization having more than 200K certified members. This certification validates your IT, Information Security, and Cloud Security Expertise.
A wide-ranging professional from different roles could invest their time in CCSP certification. These roles are:
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Administrator
- Cloud Specialist
- Cloud Security Analyst
- Cloud Developer
To get CCSP certified, a professional must ace different domains, and they are:
- Data Security in Cloud
- Cloud Concepts, its architecture, and design
- Platform and Infrastructure Security in Cloud
- Security Operations in Cloud
- Legal, Risk, and Compliance
- Application Security in Cloud
How to become CCSP Certified?
Let’s discuss the steps that you need to follow to become a CCSP certified professional.
- Understand exam format
It’s an online test containing 100-150 questions that need to be attempted within 3 hours. You must score 700 out of 1000 to become certified.
- Take note of eligibility criteria.
- Before even starting the CCSP training, ensure that you have 5 years of cumulative paid full-time work experience within the IT industry. In that, 3 years of experience must be in the Information Security field and at least 1 year of experience in either one or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK (Common Book of Knowledge).
- You can also earn a CCSK (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge) certificate which is equivalent to one or more years working within one of the six security domains.
- You could even become an Associate of (ISC)2 just by clearing the basic level of the CCSP exam. After earning the title, they have 6 years to acquire 5 years of work experience.
- CCSP is a certification, which means it must be recertified periodically. Every CCSP certified professional must recertify every 3 years by earning required CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits and paying the annual membership fee.
- Take the training
The next step is to enroll in a reputed CCSP Certification. The training conducted by industry experts will help in gaining a comprehensive understanding of modules and domains through industry-grade training resources. Go through the CCSP Tutorial for Beginners and get started.
- Generate a Pearson VUE Account
To crack CCSP certification, you will need a Pearson VUE account for evaluating your preparation effectively. On the Pearson VUE website, you will find important details like policies, testing locations, accommodation, etc.
- Register to plan your exam
After creating a Person VUE account, complete the examination agreement. You must verify your assertions regarding your professional experience. They also require you to legally commit to the (ISC)2 code of ethics. Next, pay the requested fee for the CCSP exam.
- Take the exam
Now it’s time to take the exam and clear it.
- Take your (ISC)2 Code of Ethics subscription
Once you clear the exam, you will have to subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics to avail of the certification.
- Get Yourself Endorsed.
Lastly, you must endorse within nine months from the exam date. Endorsements must be finished and signed by an active member of the (ISC)2 community who is a certified Cloud Security professional.
- Pay the Annual Maintenance Fee
After you get approval for the endorsement application, you can then pay the organization’s annual maintenance fee (AMF) to become CCSP Certified officially.