So you have a rooted Android phone. But how do you know for sure? Are there any tell-tale signs that would make it obvious to a casual observer? In this article, we will attempt to find out whether or not your phone is rooted.
There are several possibilities why one might want to check if their phone is rooted
– You are planning to sell your phone, but you can’t be sure if the new owner will tamper with its firmware.
– Your friend says that his phone has been rooted. You want to know what he did to it.
– You have a warranty which becomes void when your phone is rooted. But you believe that your phone has been rooted without your knowledge.
– You would like to know if the Android market will accept your credit card for purchases. Some online retailers won’t ship you anything that’s paid for by a ‘rooted’ Android phone.
root checker apk Download link
1) First, download the root checker apk file from above link on to your device’s SD card. It doesn’t have to be in any particular location just as long as you know where it is at.
2) Now, you will need to enable app installation from unknown sources on your device. To do this:
– Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Applications’ (or Security, depending on the phone)
– Now check the box that says ‘Unknown sources’. This will allow the installation of apps outside of Android Market (i.e., third-party apps).
3) After that, simply tap on the file (rootchecker.apk) to begin installation.
4) It will now be installed on your device’s internal storage (e.g., /mnt/sdcard/ rootchecker.apk). All you need is access to this location so it could readily detect whether your phone is rooted or not.
5) Now, run the app and it will automatically check if your device is rooted (Figure 1). If it returns with a message that says ‘Congratulations! Your device is ROOTED.’ then you know that your phone has root access. On the other hand, if it says your device is not rooted, then you know that your device does not have root access.
Figure 1 – A screenshot of the rootchecker app on an unrooted Android phone. If the results are different from yours, please leave a comment below with what it says on your device.
Feature of apkpure root checker app
- – Root Checker is a very light weight android app available on Google play store which will only take up a mere 150 kb of your internal storage. It can be used by both rooted and non-rooted android devices.
- – This root checker even detects whether your device’s bootloader is locked or not, in addition to checking if your Android device is rooted or not.
- – This app is very smooth, fast and responsive even on the slowest android devices. It provides information about whether your device’s root access is permanent or temporary.
- – You can share this app with friends who are looking to know whether they have successfully achieved rooting their device or not using Google plus, twitter and other social networks.
- – It also provides you information about whether your Superuser app is outdated or not and if your device kernel has debugging enabled.